How do you make connections that lead to clients and new customers?
How do you network and keep your business friendships active?
Let’s take a look.
We recently conducted a quick informal poll through social media by asking some of our social media followers and connections.
Here are some top responses (with our thoughts about each):
- Attending networking functions (swapping business cards and lumbering small-talk)
- Inviting prospects to sign up for free strategy sessions (which, these days, have plus-or-minus a 50% show rate)
- Special report ==> webinar ==> free strategy session (lots of little steps to put big-ticket prospects through)
- Bot messaging and text messaging (the novelty’s wearing off, sports fans – and taking open/response rates down with it)
Hosting And Guesting On New Media Shows
Can Make You Friends A Lot Faster
Whether you’re the host or the guest, you are the only person who is pretty much guaranteed the chance for a private green room chat with the other.
Each of you is probably the only person who will be there for the entire interview.
When you, as a host, interview your best prospects (and the people you know them) and promote the episode, you bank reciprocity.
When you, as a guest, promote the episode, you do the same.
Each Of You Gets The Opportunity For A “Sit-Down”
With The Other Person’s Audience
On my podcast, the Business Creators’ Radio Show, I describe our episodes as follows:
Imagine you, as the listener, are sitting in on a powerful, one-on-one mastermind.
Sharing ideas and running concepts by each other. Giving mutual feedback.
What will you discover today that gives you the slight edge toward your business success?
I’m aware that my guests will share their episodes with their tribes, and their listeners will be getting to know ME as well.
That’s why I sometimes invite my guests to “turn the tables” and share THEIR thoughts on my ideas and case studies as well.
Oh, And One More Thing. Have You Let
Some Friendships Go By The Wayside?
Compare these two greetings:
- “Hey, long time no chat! As we head into the next year/quarter/lunar cycle, I was wondering if we could hop on the phone for 15 minutes and check in to see how we can support each other.”
- “Hey, long time no chat! I see what you’re doing these days and it’s great. I’d love to have you on my show and give you the spotlight to let the world know what you’re up to.”
Which approach do you think will lead to more conversations quickly?
How about if it’s someone you just connected with on LinkedIn yesterday?
(Oooooooohhhhh. Yes. I went there.)
It’s Time To Harness This Power
For YOUR Business Now
When is now the best time to claim your rightful slice of the pie and become a MEMORABLE In-Demand Expert™ today?
Thrive from YOUR intersection of YOUR brilliance and YOUR passion.
Make a difference for your community, market, and audience!